NORTH WEST PASSAGE
This well known sea route through the Arctic Ocean has an extensive history for explorers, as a possible trade route, connecting the Pacific & Atlantic Oceans. Changes in ice conditions due to climate change have made this passage more accessible for navigators in previous years, allowing more boats to pass through. Covering the waterways of the northern coast of North America and the Canadian Archipelago, there is no shortage of places to explore and visit along the way.
‘Philos’ can take you on any of these routes:
1. TYPICAL NORTHWEST PASSAGE ROUTE
2. ROALD AMUNDSEN: First Navigation by Ship
3. ST. ROCH: First West-East Crossing
4. ST. ROCH: Northern Deep-Water Route
5. FRANKLIN EXPEDITION: Attempt
6. SIR WILLIAM EDWARD PARRY: Attempt
7. ROBERT McCLURE: Proved route existed
From June to September.
HOW MUCH ?
Philos: Please contact us. The price includes food, fuel and port fees. Maximum of 5 people.