WHY TRAVEL WITH US?
Read our Q&A below to help answer any questions you might still have and items you need to consider when choosing your expedition partner.
1) Are the Skipper and crew qualified with internationally recognised maritime qualifications?
2) What about safety? Is the vessel in survey / coded / seaworthy? Does the vessel meet any internationally approved category 0 (zero – Unrestricted) safety standards?
‘Australis’ is registered as a commercial vessel, Category 0 (zero – Unrestricted), type expedition.
3) Are the operators experienced? Who will be the skipper / crew? Are they experienced in the area? Do they have local knowledge? How long have they been in the area? How well can they guide passengers?
4) Do they have a good reputation? Does the vessel / skipper have a good / bad track record?
Dose the vessel have a permit to visit Antarctica? Ask to see it.
5) How comfortable will it be onboard? Is there hot running water, separate cabins, showers, power?
6) What equipment is onboard? How many dinghy’s does the vessel have for you / your clients to go and explore / carry equipment ashore / etc?
Click here to see our detailed equipment list for Australis however we carry a 2 dinghy’s, numerous Kayaks, dive gear and more.
7) What about loyalty?
8) Are there any hidden fees?
Contact us for charter pricing. Our price includes food, fuel, permits and all expenses. There are no hidden fees.
Don’t get caught out by fees you may not have expected, for example for food, fuel (can be several thousands of dollars) or South Georgia landing (can be several thousands of dollars).
9) Do I need sailing experience?
10) Is every trip is uniquely customised?
Our mission is to become the first choice in expedition services in the polar regions, providing safe, reliable and efficient solutions to meet the needs of our clients.
“Experienced people, using quality equipment, delivering tailored services”
The way we conduct ourselves is based around the following core values;
Safety First – we strive to ensure the safe guard of all persons
Act with Integrity – we will deliver all commitments as agreed
Fulfil Expectations – we strive to fulfil client expectations by going the extra mile
Environment – we aim to conduct business in a way that has minimal impact
Trust – we gain the trust of our clients through superior performance
Years – we are committed to building long term relationships in the polar regions
Our objective is to build a reputation for professionalism having quality people, supported by quality purpose built fleet of vessels that are fully equipped with the latest technology and equipment.