Congratulations to Roger and the crew of Philos! They’ve just passed south of the Arctic Circle to complete their first North West Passage! Philos was the first private vessel to make it through the passage this season. Due to weather and ice conditions they followed Roald Amundsen’s track, the first route navigated by ship, the Gjøa, in 1905, they stopped at the settlements of Resolute, Gjoa Haven and Cambridge Bay. Well done guys!
- Type D Killer Whales
- Solo adventurer sets world record rowing across the Southern Ocean
- 60 minutes – Leopard seals and climate climate change in Antarctica
- Celebrating 100 trips
- Shackleton ‘Epic’ re-enactment
- North West Passage on Philos completed.
- A call for more scientific research onboard our vessels
- Follow us on Facebook
- New Video – BSAE 2012 video diary’s