We have just finished the first 2 months of shooting this ‘Penguin Island 3D’ movie & now returned to dry land for a few days. Just thought i’d share a funny moment of it with you all. This is a clip from the “making of” filmed about 4 weeks ago in South Georgia during a summer afternoon sea breeze. The strongest breeze we recorded that day was 86 knots which is equivalent to sticking your head out the window whilst driving a car at 159 km… try it some time !! When your ok with that, try it whilst driving though an industrial sized freezer… just to get a feel of the temperature !! See it on the Video Gallery page.
- Type D Killer Whales
- Solo adventurer sets world record rowing across the Southern Ocean
- 60 minutes – Leopard seals and climate climate change in Antarctica
- Celebrating 100 trips
- Shackleton ‘Epic’ re-enactment
- North West Passage on Philos completed.
- A call for more scientific research onboard our vessels
- Follow us on Facebook
- New Video – BSAE 2012 video diary’s