‘Australis’ was the all important base camp for the construction team building the Nissen Hut at Port Lockroy this season. It was a pleasure for us to be involved in such a piece of Antarctic modern history. The crew pictured left to right: Joe Leavy, Rachael Harrex, Rick Atkinson, Elenore Land, Anna Malaos, Ben Wallis, Skye Marr-Whelan, Clare Murphy, Graham Gillie.
- Type D Killer Whales
- Solo adventurer sets world record rowing across the Southern Ocean
- 60 minutes – Leopard seals and climate climate change in Antarctica
- Celebrating 100 trips
- Shackleton ‘Epic’ re-enactment
- North West Passage on Philos completed.
- A call for more scientific research onboard our vessels
- Follow us on Facebook
- New Video – BSAE 2012 video diary’s